If you are thinking about selling your home in Denver, you should take some time to consider the upgrades and additions that would add value to your home and make it more competitive in the local real estate market. HGTV compiled a list of 20 ways to add value to your home; here are five suggestions that will help you earn top dollar when you sell your home.
- Repairing the siding of your Denver home should be at the top of your list. In addition to your outdoor space, the exterior of the house is the first thing a potential buyer sees, so you want to give the buyer confidence that your home is well-maintained and not a fixer-upper.
- Updating certain parts of the household bathrooms will often earn you a higher return on investment than other upgrades. Small but noticeable upgrades are not time-consuming and relatively inexpensive.
- Fixing up the kitchen will also provide a higher return on investment. Something as simple as removing the wallpaper and painting the room a new color will breath new life into the space.
- Adding new windows to the house will improve the first impression on a potential buyer and save the home’s energy bill up to 30 percent per month.
- Fresh coats of paint in most rooms will give your house the new and clean look that potential buyers are looking for. They are looking for a home to call their own, not one that looks like someone else has already lived there.
Do you have your own suggestions on how to add value to your Denver home before selling it? Leave them in a comment to share with others!
Photo courtesy of Stock.xchng
Recently, local real estate markets in the Denver area have been fortunate enough to experience greater demand than other markets throughout the United States. This is good news for current residents that are looking to sell their homes over the summer, but might have been intimidated by some of the recent national outlooks. Here are some of more common reasons homeowners are selling their homes in Denver over the summer:
- Relocation. Moving for a new job within the same company or with a new company is one of the many facts of life that we must all face one day, and this is especially true for those in the military. But in this job economy, relocation for work is not as fearsome as it once was.
- Moving up. Many current homeowners realize that it is a buyers market and will make a move to secure the house of their dreams at a great price and mortgage rate. These sellers are also more likely to bend their wants and needs when it comes to an offer on their home.
- Healthy seller’s market. Again, you will not see this all of the U.S., but certain housing markets in Colorado are currently experiencing heavy demand, with many homes receiving multiple offers.
There are plenty of reasons that Denver residents will move to sell their homes this summer, and this will only create opportunity for buyers. Give me a call at 888-860-1931 for expert selling advice and a conditions for your neighborhood’s housing market.
Photo courtesy of Stock.xchng
If you are selling your home and not found many interested buyers, replacing old home features with energy-efficient models could help your home sell as well as put money in your pocket in the meantime. Replacing window and doors with more efficient, newer models is just one example of a home remodeling project that will be sure to pay you back. Here are six reasons why replacing your windows and doors could be a smart investment for your home:
- Increase curb appeal: By installing classic or modern windows and doors you can add personality to your home and increase the exterior appeal of your home.
- Raise comfort: The new technologies in windows and doors will reduce the air flow from outside and help keep your home at a consistent temperature throughout the day.
- Low maintenance: Many manufacturers will provide a warranty that is good for several years. New designs are meant to be easier to care for and maintain than older models.
- Safety: Many models have multiple locking systems to keep your family safe.
- Reduce noise: You can reduce the outside noise from traffic or other disturbances with high-performance windows.
- Appeal to buyers: These benefits will also appeal to buyers and will raise your resale value.
According to the National Association of Home Builders, now is a great time to make investments on your home because contractors are offering 10 to 20 percent less for services compared to prices during the housing boom. Many contractors admit that they would cut their prices by 80 percent to win your business.
Give me a call to learn about home improvement contractors in the Denver area as well as to learn other helpful tips for selling your home.
Source: Buffini & Co.
Has your home been on the market a little longer than you had planned? How is your curb appeal? Known as “outdoor staging,” great curb appeal is just as important as a lavish indoors. No one will ever know the quality of the interior is you never get them past the mailbox.
An attractive exterior with fresh paint, clean windows, freshly mowed lawn, and colorful plants will set the stage for the indoors. There are certain issues that come up when dealing with city properties such as litter, leaves, among other things. Neighborhood homes have other issues like homes next door not taking care of their property. Some home sellers have asked next door neighbors to clean their yard up and even paid to have their home painted. Do what you can to make your home look the most presentable, no matter the obstacle.
Increasing your home’s curb appeal does not have to be costly, unless your home calls for professional service. It is something that might not give you a direct return, but it will help you get a buyer in your front door. Sellers have also found it helpful to take pictures of their home during different seasons so buyers can see the beauty of the home during nice summer seasons even in the midst of winter.
Give me a call to learn more about the importance of good curb appeal and to see how you can help your home attract more buyers looking to relocate to Denver.
Photo credit: stock.xchng
First impressions do matter when home buyers come to view your home on the market. If you are looking to improve your home’s appearance, a remodeling project could be just what your home needs, but make sure that it comes with a strong resale value. Here are two remodeling projects identified by REALTOR® as part of the top 5 improvements that bring the greatest return.
- Entry Door Replacement (Steel)
Replacement projects tend to be less expensive and have better resale value versus other projects. According to the study, this remodeling project cost was $1,218, resale value was $1,243, and costs recouped was 102.1 percent of costs involved. When choosing a door, remember to look at the neighborhood and your home’s style to make sure it correlates well.
- Siding Replacement
This project is a bit more expensive, but ranks first among projects that cost $5,000 or more. For the study, the project cost was $13,382, resale value was $10,707, and costs recouped was 80 percent. One tip for saving with this project is to see how big a lap the contractors use and if costs can be lowered if the lap is increased.
View other high resale value remodeling projects at www.realtor.org. Keep in mind that this study cannot be applied to every remodeling project, but it will give you a good indicator of where to invest your money. Give me a call if you are looking to sell your home in the Denver area; I would love to help market your home.
Source & Photo credit: Realtor.com