by Ann Meadows | Sep 11, 2013 | Featured, For Sellers, Relocate to Denver
Moving is never easy, but with these moving tips, you can make the whole process less difficult:
1. Keep a notebook handy.
You’ll be making a lot of lists when you’re moving. Unless you have a photographic memory, you won’t remember them off the top of your head. It’s better to keep a notebook and a pen in your pocket. If you’re tech-savvy, you can manage your lists on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Label your stuff.
Once your things are inside generic-looking boxes, you’ll have a hard time knowing which of them you should open if you’re looking for just one particular item. An easy solution to this problem is to put labels on every box. Be as specific with the labels as you want. You’ll thank yourself later.
3. Save the essentials for last.
Take one box and make it your ‘survival kit.’ Then, pack the items you’ll need within the first couple days of moving, such as toiletries, towels, underwear, and other items you can’t live without for too long. These should tide you over while you haven’t unpacked yet.
Moving is not easy, but finding your dream home in Colorado can be! Call me at 303-478-1201!
by Ann Meadows | Jul 22, 2013 | For Buyers, For Sellers
Preparing for a big move can be a major pain. Packing all your stuff is a hassle that you have to deal with, but there are a few things you can do to make it easier. These great moving tips can help ease the burden:
1. Place heavy items at the bottom of the boxes and the lighter ones near the top. The larger weight at the base will build a stronger foundation for the boxes.
2. Put stuff from the same room in one box. You won’t have to regroup items after unpacking because they’re already grouped together.
3. Fill all empty spaces in the boxes. If the space is irregularly shaped, jam in pieces of cloth (towels will do) or crumpled balls of paper.
4. Stick a label on each box. The label should include the room the contents will go to, and also the list of the contents. It’s easy to track what’s missing when you have a list.
For more helpful advice on moving, check out the rest of Real Simple’s tips. But if you haven’t decided to move yet, and you’re thinking about it, call me at 303-478-1201 and let me give you some information that will help you decide.