Denver’s Unstoppable Summer Concert Lineup
Rather than scaling back the live music shows, Denver’s Swallow Hill Music Academy and Lyons-based Planet Bluegrass are ramping up the intensity. There will be more headliners to festivals and these companies will spread the love of music in Colorado further than it has ever gone.
Swallow Hill Music Academy has its main focus on music education, but is expanding as a local producer. The East Yale Avenue headquarters is always full of teenagers getting guitar lessons and adults of all ages learning new music skills. Swallow Hill has seen a 60 percent increase in classes and the concert division is thriving as well. Swallow Hill just announced their summer lineup at the Gardens that will feature B.B. King, Chris Isaak, among others. With Planet Bluegrass, Swallow Hill has the main goal of building up the community and creating music events that have a unique social aspect.
There many highly anticipated shows coming to the Denver Metro area this summer, but here are a few that rise among the rest:
- U2 on May 21 at Invesco Field at Mile High ($38.95-$276.55 on ticketmaster)
- Bruno Mars and Janelle Monae on May 29 at 1st Bank Center ($29.50-$35 on ticketmaster)
- Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings on June 1 at Denver Botanic Gardens ($50-$55 on botanicgardens.org)
- Peter Gabriel on June 13 at Red Rocks Amphitheater ($68.50-$170.50 on ticketmaster)
- Kenny Chesney on July 6-8 at Red Rocks Amphitheater ($60.50-$92.35 on ticketmaster)
This is only some of the acts coming to Denver. Get your tickets before they are gone!
Contact me to learn about other fun activities going on in Denver this summer.
Photo credit: Nathan Rist