If you are selling your home and not found many interested buyers, replacing old home features with energy-efficient models could help your home sell as well as put money in your pocket in the meantime. Replacing window and doors with more efficient, newer models is just one example of a home remodeling project that will be sure to pay you back. Here are six reasons why replacing your windows and doors could be a smart investment for your home:
- Increase curb appeal: By installing classic or modern windows and doors you can add personality to your home and increase the exterior appeal of your home.
- Raise comfort: The new technologies in windows and doors will reduce the air flow from outside and help keep your home at a consistent temperature throughout the day.
- Low maintenance: Many manufacturers will provide a warranty that is good for several years. New designs are meant to be easier to care for and maintain than older models.
- Safety: Many models have multiple locking systems to keep your family safe.
- Reduce noise: You can reduce the outside noise from traffic or other disturbances with high-performance windows.
- Appeal to buyers: These benefits will also appeal to buyers and will raise your resale value.
According to the National Association of Home Builders, now is a great time to make investments on your home because contractors are offering 10 to 20 percent less for services compared to prices during the housing boom. Many contractors admit that they would cut their prices by 80 percent to win your business.
Give me a call to learn about home improvement contractors in the Denver area as well as to learn other helpful tips for selling your home.
Source: Buffini & Co.