Moving day can be stressful, especially if you are relocating to a new city. The Denver Post has some great tips for those of you planning a move. Take a look at of some of their “10 Worst Things To Forget Before A Major Move.”
1. Make sure you check with your local government to see if you need a permit to park a moving truck or storage container on your street.
2. Check your attic, crawl space and built-in cabinets on your final sweep of the house.
3. Make copies of all your medical, dental and school records before you move so you aren’t searching for them when you need them.
4. “The AMSA advises turning off all of the utilities two to three days after you load out and turning them on at the new place two to three days before you move in.”
5. Let the U.S. Postal Service know that you are moving so that your mail can be forwarded to your new address.
6. Insurance. “In May, a federal regulation took effect requiring interstate movers to include the cost of full-value protection in their initial written estimate.”
For more tips visit business-news.thestreet.com.
Moving to Denver? Give Ann Meadows a call 888-860-1931.