If you are thinking about selling your home in Denver, you should take some time to consider the upgrades and additions that would add value to your home and make it more competitive in the local real estate market. HGTV compiled a list of 20 ways to add value to your home; here are five suggestions that will help you earn top dollar when you sell your home.
- Repairing the siding of your Denver home should be at the top of your list. In addition to your outdoor space, the exterior of the house is the first thing a potential buyer sees, so you want to give the buyer confidence that your home is well-maintained and not a fixer-upper.
- Updating certain parts of the household bathrooms will often earn you a higher return on investment than other upgrades. Small but noticeable upgrades are not time-consuming and relatively inexpensive.
- Fixing up the kitchen will also provide a higher return on investment. Something as simple as removing the wallpaper and painting the room a new color will breath new life into the space.
- Adding new windows to the house will improve the first impression on a potential buyer and save the home’s energy bill up to 30 percent per month.
- Fresh coats of paint in most rooms will give your house the new and clean look that potential buyers are looking for. They are looking for a home to call their own, not one that looks like someone else has already lived there.
Do you have your own suggestions on how to add value to your Denver home before selling it? Leave them in a comment to share with others!
Photo courtesy of Stock.xchng